19/172 Manager Monitoring Appointments and Partnerships
Policy, Regulation and Communities
Wellington City, Wellington
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Policy
Branch: Policy Regulation and Communities
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with good team dynamics and great development opportunities?
Do you want to:
- Lead a team responsible for producing high quality and timely advice to Ministers?
- Work in a fast-paced supportive team?
- Work across a broad range of policy issues across the Department?
The Department’s Policy Group provides policy advice services and leadership in a large, complex and multi-portfolio operational department. The Monitoring, Appointments and Partnerships Team is part of the Operational Services Directorate and is responsible for delivering a range of Cabinet-mandated services including the discharge of portfolio Ministers’ statutory appointment obligations.
We are looking for an experienced Manager for our Monitoring, Appointments and Partnerships team within the Policy Groups Operational Services Directorate. The team is responsible for:
- Advising Ministers on appointments to 50 statutory Boards;
- monitoring and supporting our Crown entities; and
- leading the government work to develop the social enterprise sector.
You will work closely with your colleagues in the Directorate, across the Policy Group and the Department and need to manage a group of diverse stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting Seniors and Analysts leading key pieces of work for the team;
- Working with the other managers across the business and the Director to manage the workflow of the team;
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders;
- Managing the quality of the team’s work and advice;
- Providing coaching and support to team members; and
- Keeping informed about relevant and emerging issues.
Ideally you will have:
- A “can do” attitude with a commitment to quality and continuous improvement;
- A track record of working effectively in a team, and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders;
- Experience in providing advice to Ministers and the machinery of government;
- Experience coaching and developing staff;
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure; and
- A degree in the area of Public Policy, History, Law, Politics, Social Sciences, or another relevant subject, or relevant experience.
An understanding of Crown entity monitoring, and appointments process would be beneficial but is not essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading policy group where your efforts will be acknowledged and your professional development planned and supported.
If you’re passionate about advising Ministers and producing high quality work, self-motivated and keen to work in a supportive, engaging and highly-committed Department, we would be interested in hearing from you.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 5 May 2019
For more information please contact: Karen Hope-Cross, 021 240 9728, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.