18/320 Senior Private Secretary
Wellington City, Wellington
July 10, 2018
Type: Events Based
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Ministerial Services and Secretariat Support
Branch: Shared Services
Salary: $83,300 - $112,700
Leadership Opportunities in a Ministerial Office
Ministerial Services is seeking a Senior Private Secretary. You will be responsible for providing senior support to a Minister and their Ministerial Office.
The Senior Private Secretary holds the overall management responsibility for the ministerial office. You will work closely with the Minister to ensure they are well supported in their portfolio(s) and parliamentary responsibilities. You will be responsible for managing the staff in the Ministers office and will have oversight of the general and political advice to the Minister and media communications from the office; you will ensure that the information and advice is consistent with the objectives and priorities of the Government.
These positions would suit candidates who have;
- proven experience in managing and leading a team of highly skilled staff;
- an excellent understanding of existing government, parliamentary and public service protocols and processes;
- highly developed interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to and gain the confidence of the Minister and diverse stakeholders;
- outstanding written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are essential; and
- the ability to effectively interpret a wide range of information and resolve complex issues under pressure.
You will thrive working in a fast-paced environment and will have the ability to prioritise tasks and responsibilities, along with changing priorities at short notice. Desirable candidates would also have a tertiary qualification and/or previous experience working in a Ministerial office or Ministry, and familiarity with tikanga and Te Reo Māori.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity giving you an insight into the workings of the Executive Government.
Please note: A requirement of this role is that you are able to hold a security clearance. There are certain criteria that must be met in this regard.
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 19 July 2018
For more information please contact: Ministerial Resourcing through email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.