19/567 Manager Governance
Organisational Strategy and Performance
Wellington City, Wellington
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Governance, Risk and Assurance
Branch: Organisational Strategy and Performance
Salary: $105,605 - $142,878
Are you looking for an interesting and challenging role in a Department that makes a real difference to the lives of New Zealanders?
Are you excited about leading a small team to support the Department to make good decisions through good governance practices?
In this role, you will:
· Work across the Department to ensure good decisions are made at the right time by the right people
· Take a strategic approach to providing advice and support to senior leaders
· Make a key contribution to driving continuous improvements in governance
This is a hands-on role that provides direct secretariat support to the chairs and members of governance committees. Leading the governance team along with the senior advisor and advisor you will enable and deliver efficient and effective governance systems, policies, guidance, processes and controls.
You’ll be part of the Organisational Strategy and Performance Branch; a small branch with a big job. We provide direction, oversight and leadership across the Department around risk assurance, project governance, legal services and strategic planning.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- extensive experience with people leadership and governance roles
- experience in providing strategic and operational advice
- strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- experience working with senior leaders
- demonstrated experience in exercising sound judgement
- excellent listening, and verbal and written communication skills
- sound understanding of working in the NZ Public Sector environment
- a commitment to continuous improvement
- a passion for mentoring and developing staff
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then we would like to hear from you.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 22 November 2019
For more information please contact: Cathrine Austin (Manager Governance Risk and Assurance) on 027 539 6841
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.