19/566 Personal Assistant Business Support
Policy, Regulation and Communities
Wellington City, Wellington
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Policy
Branch: Policy, Regulation and Communities
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with good team dynamics and great development opportunities?
It’s exciting times within the Policy Group as we have implemented our new operating model, developed relationships with Ministers and are working in a new high-tech building. We are implementing changes to ensure our teams are fit-for-purpose and can deliver work programmes and expert policy and operational services to Ministers and across the Department.
We are looking for an administration superstar to support the General Manager of the Policy Group.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide personal and confidential secretarial support to the General Manager, Policy and his/her leadership team
- Administrative support for the General Manager, including email and diary management
- Organise meetings and distribute agenda, papers and follow up notes or minutes
- Working effectively with the wider administration team to support the Group.
Ideally you will have:
- A “can do” attitude with a commitment to quality and continuous improvement;
- A track record of working effectively in a team, and the ability to build strong relationships;
- Attention to detail and experience in delivering consistent, high quality levels of administration work;
- proficiency in working with financial systems, information systems, and Microsoft programmes;
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
Experience in a fast paced, high demand Personal Assistant and/or Business Support Administrator role would be beneficial but is not essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading policy group where your efforts will be acknowledged, and your professional development planned and supported.
If you’re passionate about supporting a fast-paced team, self-motivated and keen to work in a supportive, engaging and highly-committed Department, we would be interested in hearing from you.
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 20 November 2019
For more information please contact: Rachel Groves, Rachel.Groves@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.