19/071 Delivery Manager
Service and System Transformation
Wellington City, Wellington
Type: Fixed Term/Secondment (12 months)
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Government Information Services
Branch: Service and System Transformation
Salary: $110,312 - $149,245
Are you an experienced Digital Delivery Manager?
Working at the Government Information Services (GIS) branch of the Department of Internal Affairs, you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We are a passionate team focused on supporting all of government digital outcomes for all New Zealanders
We require an experienced Digital Delivery Manager with a deep knowledge of Agile and Lean practices and a history of leading delivery of digital products. You would have a focus on delivering high priority initiatives that put the customer at the centre of what we do. Our work programme offers considerable breadth and complexity and offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fun and fast paced environment whilst working with numerous stakeholders across government.
A natural collaborator, leader and mentor, you will work well across Product Owners, technical specialists, subject matter experts, senior leaders and community members from a broad range of industries and services they provide to their customers. You can bridge the technical and non-technical worlds. In addition to this, you will bring to the table:
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies (Kanban/Scrum) and the mind set required to make things work
- Experience in digital product delivery
- A history of building motivated delivery teams
- Managing workflow, resourcing and delivery of digital operations alongside other strategic programmes of work and projects
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to work across multiple teams, work alongside other Agile practitioners to ensure coordination of work and consistency of Agile practice
- A desire to contribute to the broader success of the business unit by playing a mentoring and coaching role
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced team that takes an insights-driven approach to delivering strategic outcomes
If you're looking for a new challenge that encourages you to think innovatively to help make a difference to Aotearoa New Zealand and its people, then GIS is the place for you.
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 27th February 2019
For more information please contact: Jan Clark, 027 839 1038 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.