19/526 Communications Advisor Capability and Channels
Organisational Capability and Services
Wellington City, Wellington
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Communications
Branch: Organisational Capability and Services
Salary: $66,312 - $89,715
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders. The Communications Group sits within Organisational Capability and Services Branch, a branch dedicated to supporting the rest of the Department to succeed by providing corporate services that help business groups and people within DIA to make the best contribution to New Zealand. We are looking for a person who enjoys contributing to the success of a team and will provide additional support across the team as required. Working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Skills in a range of web publishing, design, imaging and other software applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management Systems (including Drupal, Lotus Notes and Silverstripe) and Google Analytics.
- Proven attention to detail and the ability to produce high quality content and graphical material for print, online and social media.
- Strong understanding of best practice in brand management, accessibility standards, design and web publishing (online and print).
- Strong understanding of visual communications practices and theory, Familiarity with Government Web and Accessibility Standards and requirements.
- Proven experience with metrics-based reporting and analytics to monitor the effectiveness of our Communications capabilities and channels, and to provide relevant and valuable business insights.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
Immediate start is preferred.
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 23 October 2019
For more information please contact: Joseph Makisi (Communications Manager Capability and Channels) on 027 298 1490
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.