19/064 Reading Services Assistant
Information and Knowledge Services
Hours: Part time- 20 hours per week
Business Group: National Library
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
The Reading Services Assistant is responsible for assisting the Reading Services team by providing effective circulation and despatch of our national lending services to schools.
· Services to Schools sits within the National Library – part of the Information and Knowledge Services branch of the Department of Internal Affairs.
· Working at the department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
You will be responsible for:
· Issuing books and discharging loans, despatch and returns
· Sorting and shelving of books
· General support for the team and centre as required
We are looking for someone with:
· A positive attitude and good work ethics
· An understanding of library processes
· An understanding of Dewey and alphabetical shelving
· An ability to show initiative, solve problems and work with a team
· Ability to use a computer and willingness to learn new skills
· A good level of physical fitness is required
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 3 March 2019
For more information please contact: Rosemary Tisdall, 027 5912373, email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.